Comprehensive employment training is an employer’s best defense against future liability. At Epstein Becker Green, we deliver training programs informed by our experience, helping employers address today’s biggest workplace compliance and litigation challenges—from non-discrimination to anti-harassment, privacy, pay equity, and COVID-19 return-to-work. Besides keeping our clients ahead of evolving employment mandates in all 50 states, we deliver practical guidance to enhance organizational cultures and maintain positive employment relationships.
Preventing Problems Before They Arise
We offer a wide range of proactive and remedial programming to raise awareness, change behavior, and minimize risk. From harassment avoidance and workplace investigations to leave management and workplace safety and security, our training can help employers ensure a compliant workplace and avoid costly litigation. Adapting our employment training to each client’s needs, we develop our materials with the particular client in mind.
Flexible Options Tailored to Your Organization
If your employment training doesn’t work in your company’s culture, it doesn’t work. Rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, we dig deep to understand your unique operations, environment, and culture. Our flexible, world-renowned programs have benefitted organizations of all sizes and across all industries. We can provide in-person instruction or a variety of digital and virtual options, from live webinars and Zoom roundtables to self-paced pre-recorded videos.
We’ve Got a Training for That
Our expansive training library covers virtually every aspect of the employer-employee relationship. We help employers stay ahead of the curve with individual and group training for:
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (including a virtual e-learning option, Halting Harassment: Rules of the Road for a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace)
- Bystander Intervention
- Unconscious Bias and Microaggressions
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Working with a Remote Workforce
- One-on-One Proactive and Remedial Follow-Up Coaching and Training: Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment
- Workplace Violence Avoidance
- COVID-19 Return to Work and Workplace Safety
- Leave and Accommodation Administration
- Employment Law “101”
- Professionalism at Work
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Document and Performance Management
Policies That Work
When clients prefer to create their own policies and procedures, they turn to us for model forms, handbooks, and policy language. Our frequent updates arm in-house legal and HR teams with concise, actionable insight into the changes and trends impacting their diverse geographic locations. Rather than simply reporting the law, we work hand-in-hand with employers to create policies that honor their organizational values and culture.
- Provided anti-harassment, discrimination, and diversity training to all employees of a sports league.
- Assisted a large law firm in complying with new anti-harassment and other laws, requiring policy changes and annual training.
- Trained legal, human resources, and security staff of a large international bank through four, four-hour sessions on how to conduct internal investigations.
- Provided training, after conducting interviews of participants to determine various departments’ specific needs, for a health care employer’s executive team and representatives of its newly formed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) committee on DE&I matters.
- Conducted sexual harassment training for supervisors at an asset management firm.
- Prepared and rolled out training for a major hospital’s administrators, supervisors, and chiefs, resulting in the training of several thousand employees over the course of several months in various hospital locations.
- Advised a medical coding and billing consultancy on independent contractor and manager training.