Epstein Becker Green's Corporate Reorganization lawyers provide responsive, cost-effective, and results-oriented counsel to a wide variety of clients.
We handle corporate reorganizations under federal bankruptcy law, out-of-court debt restructurings, loan workouts, and the full range of distressed business and asset transactions throughout the country. Our clients include debtors and debtors-in-possession, secured and unsecured creditors, lenders, factors, trustees, receivers, purchasers of assets, landlords, and parties doing business with debtors in distress.
Our team has handled business reorganizations and bankruptcies in various industries, with particular emphasis on health care and life sciences, distribution, entertainment, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and technology. Drawing on the knowledge of Epstein Becker Green’s antitrust, capital markets, corporate, employee benefits, environmental law, health care and life sciences, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, real estate, and tax lawyers, as well as their own experience in these disciplines, our Corporate Reorganization lawyers are able to provide clients with comprehensive and value-added solutions to the myriad problems that can occur in restructuring, insolvency, and bankruptcy matters.
- Structuring and implementing distressed asset acquisition and disposition transactions across a variety of industry lines
- Representing buyers in connection with the acquisition of going-concern businesses and other distressed assets, including conducting due diligence, negotiating transaction documents, participating in auctions, obtaining court approval where required, and coordinating closing and post-closing activities
- Documenting loans, receivable fundings, and other forms of financial accommodations, implementing mechanisms to protect collateral value, and developing strategies to extricate lenders and factors from distressed situations on behalf of both secured lenders and factors
- Advising clients on creditors’ rights, the pursuit and protection of claims, critical vendor rights, rights of setoff and recoupment, and the operation of the automatic stay
Besides handling diverse insolvency-related transactional matters, we have successfully negotiated, litigated, and/or investigated many insolvency and bankruptcy issues. Our lawyers have appeared before federal bankruptcy, district, and appellate courts nationwide, as well as in state and federal court attachment, levy, injunction, and collection actions.
Health Care-Related Financial Restructurings
Our Corporate Reorganization lawyers are particularly adept in the area of health care-related financial restructurings. Their experience includes:
- representing bidders and buyers of hospitals and health care providers in Chapter 11 and state court proceedings;
- counseling various health maintenance organizations (HMOs), preferred provider organizations (PPOs), independent physicians associations (IPAs), and other managed care providers in connection with bankruptcy litigation;
- advising lenders and factors that provide financing, whether pre-petition, post-petition, or exit financing;
- counseling investment bankers regarding insolvent health care providers and the structuring of reorganization plans; and
- advising financially troubled health care debtors in out-of-court workouts.
- April 17-19, 2023