Clients regularly seek Epstein Becker Green’s guidance and support in such corporate financing matters as capital market, joint venture, loan, and private equity and venture capital transactions. Our highly skilled and knowledgeable attorneys provide comprehensive legal services throughout the life cycle of a transaction and stay responsive to client needs.
Using our team approach, we assemble the appropriate team of lawyers for a transaction—whether it is a multibillion-dollar private equity investment or a high-yield mezzanine loan financing—to ensure that the matter is handled in the most cost-effective, efficient, and timely manner.
Our clients come from a wide array of businesses and industries. Additionally, as one of the prominent health care law firms in the country, Epstein Becker Green frequently acts as transaction counsel to clients in the health care industry in financing transactions. Our attorneys provide guidance to investors with respect to the legal landscape of sectors of the health care industry and conduct due diligence of health care-related companies. We have provided these services with respect to some of the largest health care industry transactions over the past few years.
Capital Market Transactions
Epstein Becker Green represents companies of all sizes seeking to raise capital in the debt and equity markets or comply with ongoing securities law obligations. Our attorneys help clients evaluate the alternatives of public and private financing and choose the most appropriate and cost-efficient capital-raising programs, including private placements, initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on public offerings, and Rule 144A offerings. We also have substantial experience assisting highly regulated industries—including health care, life sciences, and financial services—with their securities law obligations and offerings.
Our attorneys handle all aspects of capital market transactions:
- Structuring the deal
- Drafting and negotiating documents
- Interacting with the appropriate regulatory authorities
- Providing personalized legal services to:
- clients seeking access to the public debt or equity markets,
- underwriters, and
- publicly traded clients
Joint Venture Transactions
Epstein Becker Green assists middle-market, emerging growth, and Fortune 100 companies with the formation, financing, operation, governance, restructuring, and dissolution of strategic alliances and joint ventures. Our attorneys have provided strategic alliance and joint venture advice to clients in numerous industries, including banking and financial services, chemical, consumer products, equipment leasing, health care, information technology, Internet and e-commerce, pharmaceutical, renewable energy, and technology, among others.
Our attorneys cover the whole joint-venture checklist:
- Identifying the best transaction structure to further our clients' business objectives while reducing their risks
- Assisting in forming joint ventures in connection with financing arrangements, including structured finance and securitization transactions, syndicated lending, and mezzanine and preferred equity financings
- Formulating appropriate exit strategies, such as an IPO, a purchase or sale option between venture partners, or a third-party sale and dissolution
- Advising on post-joint venture relationship issues, such as the division of territories and customers, the ownership/licensing of intellectual property, and non-competition agreements
Epstein Becker Green attorneys represent lenders and borrowers in numerous types of loan and financing transactions, including:
- secured and unsecured lending transactions, such as revolving lines of credit, term loans, asset-based lending, syndicated and participated transactions, asset securitizations, and construction and permanent financing for real estate;
- sales of loan portfolios, including first and second mortgage loans and commercial loans;
- leveraged buyouts funded by large credit institutions; and
- receivables funding transactions by commercial factors.
We also draw on the knowledge of our restructuring and bankruptcy attorneys when advising lenders in loan restructurings, foreclosures, liquidations, receiverships, and bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Private Equity and Venture Capital Transactions
Epstein Becker Green attorneys have represented numerous private equity firms in acquiring and divesting equity and debt positions in portfolio companies, both domestic and off-shore, across a broad spectrum of industries. We stay on top of changes in the private equity market, responding promptly with cutting-edge financing and structuring advice for our clients designed to minimize our clients’ risks while maximizing their returns.
We regularly handle transactions involving:
- buyouts (leveraged and non-leveraged);
- management buy-ins and buyouts;
- mezzanine investments;
- private investment in public equity (PIPE) financings;
- restructurings and workouts; and
- exit strategies, such as private sales, IPOs, and mergers or acquisitions.
In addition, our attorneys advise start-up, emerging, and fast-growth companies in such industries as health care and life sciences, financial services, Internet services, manufacturing, retail, and technology on venture capital investments at various stages, as well as on general business matters and exit strategies. We also negotiate and prepare venture capital financing documentation.
View our Representative Transactions for examples of matters handled by our Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures lawyers.
- Member of the Firm
- Member of the Firm
- Member of the Firm