The construction of a building is a complex undertaking. It presents unique legal risks and pitfalls that require steady guidance for success.
Epstein Becker Green’s construction law attorneys guide project owner and developer clients through every step of the construction process, including:
- development planning advice;
- design agreements, construction contracts (including insurance-related provisions), subcontracts, and bids;
- contractor selection;
- construction insurance;
- compliance with environmental, zoning, code, licensing, and other statutory regulations, as well as National Fire Protection Association 101 Life Safety Code requirements;
- construction operations issues, such as change orders, delays, unexpected conditions, and more;
- construction-related employment issues; and
- design- or construction-related disputes and claims, in mediation, in arbitration, or at trial.
With strict timelines and high stakes, construction clients value our ability to speak the language of construction, addressing concerns and practices in a clear and understandable way and giving context for the business decisions they face.
Our Construction Law team draws on multidisciplinary resources at Epstein Becker Green, complementing our regulatory and corporate experience in areas such as:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance;
- corporate finance;
- health care regulatory compliance;
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance; and
- real estate.
Construction projects are multidimensional, and we have you covered on all sides.
Our team has handled matters in a broad range of industries. We have advised a host of companies that have appeared on Engineering News Record’s “Top 425 Owners” list, from industries including:
- health care and life sciences;
- manufacturing and industrial;
- hospitality and entertainment;
- professional sports franchises; and
- utility and infrastructure.
Resolution Oriented but Courtroom Ready
Time is money, and litigation can be expensive. We help clients settle disputes as early as possible, whenever possible. But when it’s necessary, our litigators are on call to pursue or defend against construction and property management disputes. We have litigated or resolved a wide array of significant matters, including those related to:
- design and workmanship defects;
- negligence claims;
- breach-of-contract and warranty claims;
- construction-related environmental and toxic tort claims;
- wrongful death actions;
- ADA and OSHA violations;
- bid protests; and
- concealed and differing site condition claims.
We’ve seen it all before—and, when necessary, we’ve brought it all to court.
Contact the members of our Construction Law team to make sure your next projects are built on a solid foundation to withstand the challenges these efforts face.