SCOTT J. SPLITTGERBER is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation & Business Disputes practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He focuses his practice on representing individuals and companies in criminal, civil, regulatory, and arbitration actions, from initial investigation through resolution.
- Provides representation to clients in labor and employment-related litigation involving breach-of-contract disputes and other matters
- Represents clients in actions involving allegations of securities, accounting, bank, or health care fraud; bribery; violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; money laundering; or other financial crimes and conspiracies, often with parallel actions and cross-border concerns
- Defends clients against violations of racketeering (RICO) statutes
- Defends clients in white-collar criminal matters, and performs internal investigations for entities facing potential action by state and federal governments
- Represents financial services industry clients in FINRA and American Arbitration Association arbitrations
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Splittgerber was a white-collar criminal, regulatory investigations, and securities litigation attorney at a New York City boutique law firm. Previously, he was a senior associate at an international law firm, where he focused on securities litigation, regulatory investigations, complex commercial disputes, and international law. In 2008, Mr. Splittgerber received the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Gideon Champion of Justice Award for his efforts as a member of the pro bono defense team that secured the reversal of the wrongful conviction of Martin H. Tankleff.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Splittgerber served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Kings County District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York. As a Senior Appellate Attorney in that office, he successfully briefed and argued numerous cases in the state and federal courts of New York, including the New York Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Splittgerber served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Betsy Barros of the Supreme Court of New York, Kings County.
- New York University (M.S., 2003)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1997)
- Senior Managing Editor, Wisconsin International Law Journal
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., with distinction, 1988)
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York