SCOTT J. SPLITTGERBER is a Senior Counsel in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management and Litigation & Business Disputes practices, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He focuses his practice on employment disputes and complex civil litigation, and on representing individuals and companies in criminal and regulatory actions, from initial investigation through resolution.
- Represents employers in lawsuits, arbitrations, and mediations involving a range of employment law issues, including breaches of restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements, compensation disputes, wrongful termination, misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets, raiding, partnership disputes, and harassment and discrimination claims
- Represents clients in actions involving allegations of securities, accounting, bank, or health care fraud; bribery; violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; money laundering; or other financial crimes and conspiracies
- Conducts internal investigations and prepares employers for anticipated litigation and regulatory action
- Prosecutes and defends appeals in federal circuit courts of appeal around the country, and in New York State
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Splittgerber was a white-collar criminal, regulatory investigations, and securities litigation attorney at a New York City boutique law firm. Previously, he was a senior associate at an international law firm, where he focused on securities litigation, regulatory investigations, complex commercial disputes, class actions, and international law. In 2008, Mr. Splittgerber received the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Gideon Champion of Justice Award for his efforts as a member of the pro bono defense team that secured the reversal of the wrongful conviction of Martin H. Tankleff.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Splittgerber served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Office of the Kings County District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York. As a Senior Appellate Attorney in that office, he successfully briefed and argued numerous cases in the state and federal courts of New York, including the New York Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Splittgerber served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Betsy Barros of the Supreme Court of New York, Kings County. While at law school, Mr. Splittgerber served as the Senior Managing Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal. He also served as an intern to the Honorable Sarah O’Brien of the Dane County Circuit Court; in the Madison City Attorney’s Office, where he focused on land use, zoning, and environmental law; and received a significant grant to practice immigration and asylum law in San Francisco.
- New York University (M.S.)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D.)
- Senior Managing Editor, Wisconsin International Law Journal
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., with distinction)
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York