SARAH L. TRAUTZ is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Boston office of Epstein Becker Green. She provides a broad range of transactional and regulatory advice to clients in the health care industry, with a focus on issues affecting academic medical centers, universities, hospitals, and other providers.
Ms. Trautz’s experience includes:
- Guiding clients through complex hospital affiliations, physician practice acquisitions, and provider network restructurings
- Advising hospitals and universities on a variety of regulatory matters, including the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, state and federal licensure issues, human subjects research, and federal grants compliance
- Negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including clinical trial agreements, academic affiliation agreements, and international research collaborations
- Advising telehealth providers with respect to corporate structure, licensure issues, payor contracting, physician contracting, and affiliations with other providers
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Trautz was a Partner in the Health Care & Life Sciences Group of a New England regional law firm. She began her legal career as a health care attorney at an international law firm. Ms. Trautz also worked in research compliance at a large hospital, where she developed a solid understanding of the operational side of an academic medical center. In addition, she has worked closely with the general counsel’s office of universities and hospitals during times of staffing shortages, gaining further experience with the challenges facing in-house counsel.
Ms. Trautz was recognized by the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch,” in the category of Health Care Law.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 2000)