Wes Scott focuses on both buy- and sell-side middle-market transactions in the health care services, health care technology, medical device, industrial, manufacturing, and logistics verticals.
He provides advice to private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, investors, management teams, and founders as they buy, sell, and partner with businesses through mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures. Clients also seek his assistance as they raise equity and debt capital to fund their working capital needs and ongoing operations. To enhance the certainty of successful outcomes and to protect client interests, Wes prioritizes material deal points and the equitable allocation of risk between deal participants while simultaneously navigating corporate governance and regulatory issues that can complicate transactions.
In addition to his transactional practice, he provides outside general counsel services to various companies. Wes treats each client’s business as though it were his own and deploys organizational and problem-solving skills to meet challenges head-on and deliver sound legal and business advice.
Clients value the practical, problem-solving mindset that Wes brings to any representation, as well as his responsiveness, his ability to get complex deals done efficiently and effectively, and his ability to deliver legal advice in a clear and concise manner.
Representative Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Represented a private equity-backed label printing and packaging company in multiple tuck-in acquisitions.
- Represented a private equity-backed HVAC company in multiple tuck-in acquisitions.
- Represented a private equity-backed financial wealth management company in multiple tuck-in acquisitions.
- Represented a health care management company in connection with multiple acquisitions of home health and hospice facilities and durable medical equipment manufacturers.
- Represented a fertility and family-building care company in its strategic acquisition of a network of fertility clinics.
- Represented multiple furniture manufacturers in their acquisition of furniture manufacturing businesses.
- Represented a health care IT company in its sale to a strategic acquiror.
- Represented a medical device company in its sale to a private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented multiple clinical trial sites in their sales to various private equity-backed buyers.
- Represented multiple ophthalmology practices in their sales to various private equity-backed buyers
- Represented multiple radiology practices in their sales to various private equity-backed buyers.
- Represented multiple emergency medical practices in their sales to various private equity-backed buyers.
Current General Counsel Services
- Represents a national care management company
- Represents multiple medical device companies
- Represents multiple healthcare technology companies
- Represents a furniture manufacturer
- Represents a heavy machinery dealer
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Compliance Law (2023 to 2024), Corporate Governance Law (2020 to 2024), Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020 to 2024), and Securities/Capital Markets Law (2023 to 2024)
- National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame, Scholar-Athlete Award
- SBC Cotton Bowl Classic, Scholar-Athlete Award
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- University of Mississippi (M.Tax)
- University of Mississippi (B.Accy., summa cum laude)
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association Business Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association for Corporate Growth