Global financial institutions and large multinational corporations looking for a client-driven, highly experienced, and highly responsive employment lawyer to be their client partner turn to Victoria Sloan Lin.
Victoria is focused on conducting internal investigations, defending employers against lawsuits and administrative charges, and providing business-ready employment advice quickly and efficiently to support in-house legal, human resources, and employee relations departments. Clients benefit from her emphasis on forethought and consistency, bolstered by her regular and concise case summaries that provide the knowledge and information to prepare for inquiries from their own clients and employees.
Victoria provides advice on all aspects of employment law (including reductions in force and separations) and helps her clients ensure compliance with new and existing laws, rules, and regulations. When clients receive employee complaints of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying, other inappropriate behavior, failure to accommodate, or unequal pay, Victoria conducts an appropriate internal investigation to provide a thorough understanding of the concern and support any necessary corrective action. She mediates employment claims that cannot be resolved without intervention.
When litigation is unavoidable, Victoria vigorously defends employers in federal and state court or before arbitration tribunals, including FINRA and AAA. She regularly handles claims involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate disabilities, whistleblowing, breach of contract, compensation, and other employment-related issues. In addition, clients rely on Victoria to investigate and defend administrative actions, including charges filed at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights, and New York City Commission on Human Rights.
- ADA and Public Accommodations
- Commercial and Contract Litigation
- Employee Relations Investigations
- Employment Litigation
- Employment, Labor & Workforce Management
- Environmental / Toxic Tort / Proposition 65 Litigation
- Federal and State False Claims Act (Including Qui Tam)
- Litigation & Business Disputes
- Privacy, Cybersecurity & Data Asset Management
- Whistleblowing and Compliance
- Conducted cross-border investigations with awareness of business and privilege considerations.
- Handled a sexual assault internal investigation and, by working with the client to conduct all interviews in the same day, limited disruption to the business to arrive at a prompt conclusion.
- Represented a global advertising and public relations company in a lengthy New York City Commission on Human Rights investigation. Victoria negotiated appropriate interviews with the investigator and provided the out-of-state client legal team with summaries of the law and options to make informed decisions and reach a favorable pre-determination resolution.
- Defended a large hospital system in a whistleblower action under the New York Labor Law in New York state court against a persistent pro se plaintiff. Victoria maintained a clear strategy in light of nearly 40 motions to establish a strong defense to the judge and reach a favorable settlement.
- Led an internal investigation regarding race and age discrimination within an HR department of a global advertising and public relations company. Victoria conducted interviews within a short time frame and concluded the matter promptly.
- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- St. John’s Law Review, Articles and Notes Editor
- Boston College (B.S., 2000)
- Carroll School of Management
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York