Clients facing complex, high-stakes litigation turn to attorney Victoria Flinn McCurdy for her extensive courtroom experience, creative thinking, and legal acumen. Victoria’s national litigation practice includes health care industry litigation and other complex commercial litigation matters.
Clients also rely on Victoria to defend them in medical negligence cases. In addition to trial work, Victoria maintains an active appellate practice in both state and federal courts and has successfully argued before a number of Ohio courts of appeals.
Victoria has represented clients in numerous disputes in state and federal courts across the United States, including in Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Wisconsin, and Texas.
Her case work spans all phases of litigation, including written discovery, depositions, dispositive motions, trial and appeals, as well as settlement negotiations.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Victoria was a partner at a law firm in Ohio. Earlier in her career, she was a legal intern in the Commercial Litigation Branch, Civil Frauds Section, of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, DC, and in the Office of the District Attorney General in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Represented several health care and other trade associations in Ohio as amici curiae in support of the prevailing parties in two Ohio Supreme Court cases:
- In the first case, the Court held that the plaintiff couldn’t succeed on her chiropractic malpractice claim against the chiropractor’s employer under the respondeat superior doctrine because the statute of limitations extinguished the chiropractor’s direct liability for the alleged malpractice.
- In the second case, the Court held that the plaintiff couldn’t recover damages from a hospital for negligently credentialing the defendant physician unless and until either a judge or jury determined that the defendant physician committed malpractice or the defendant physician admitted the allegations of malpractice.
- Earned a substantial victory on behalf of multiple health care clients and a statewide association of hospitals after the court rendered a decision declaring a price transparency law unconstitutional. This final victory came over three years after the court granted a temporary restraining order against the enforcement of the law, allowing Victoria’s clients to litigate its merit.
- Assisted a large health system with the system-wide implementation of an electronic health records (EHR) system, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance, HIPAA security, and continuity of patient care.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict for a hospital system, resolving a complicated multi-party seven-year dispute.
- Represented a national insurance carrier in response to agent lawsuits across the country.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation (2024)
- The George Washington University (J.D., 2009)
- Mock Trial Board
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS):
- Business Litigation Committee
- Medicine and Law Committee
- Leadership Academy, Class of 2014-2015
- Columbus Bar Association
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2019
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Ohio Women’s Bar Foundation Leadership Institute, Class of 2014-2015
- June 12-14, 2023
- June 13-15, 2022