Attorney Tom Kane is a Member of the Firm in the Princeton office of Epstein Becker Green. His experience includes the following:
- Representing health care clients, including hospitals, physician groups, and individual providers, in unfair competition, antitrust, contract, and reimbursement disputes
- Representing clients from a wide variety of industries, including health care, technology, finance, insurance, pharmaceuticals, and retail services, before federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate levels, administrative bodies, and various arbitral forums
- Litigating complex commercial disputes, including RICO, antitrust, and unfair competition claims
- Litigating complex First Amendment issues, including commercial defamation and Lanham Act claims
- Litigating class action cases, during class certification proceedings and at trial, in the state and federal courts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Florida
Tom’s recent practice highlights include representing multiple hospital systems in unfair competition litigation involving interstate transfer patterns of critically ill cardiac and neurology patients. He has also represented hospital systems, physician provider groups, and individual providers in multimillion-dollar reimbursement disputes with insurers. Tom also recently represented a group of related health care companies in a claim against a regional hospital system for breach of a master services agreement whereby the hospital was to compensate our client based on the performance of certain managed service lines. The representation included winning a federal court injunction, that was upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, stopping the raiding of our client’s employees. He is also currently representing a Silicon Valley hardware component manufacture in an international theft of trade secrets claim.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Tom was Of Counsel to the litigation group at a large regional law firm. Previously, he was an attorney at an international law firm, where he focused on mass torts and product liability matters.
Prior to attending law school, Tom was a legislative assistant to U.S. Representative Robert E. Andrews of New Jersey. Following law school, Tom clerked for the Honorable Thomas N. O’Neill, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.