Attorney Peter Stein leverages his more than 45 years of legal experience to advise both national and regional employers on all aspects of labor and employment law. Clients value his ability to break down problems into understandable components, his first-in-class responsiveness, and his sensible approaches to human resource issues.
Peter provides advice and counsel to employers across industries regarding individual or group employment decisions (e.g., hiring, promotions, reduction(s) in force, and terminations), restrictive covenants and unfair competition issues, employer reporting obligations (such as EEO-1, Vets-100, etc.), and wage and hour laws and compliance (including representing employers before federal state and local agencies responsible for wage and hour compliance). He also represents employers before federal, state, and local administrative agencies implementing, regulating, and enforcing employee relations laws, including federal agencies such as the EEOC, the U.S. Department of Labor, and corresponding state and local agencies.
In addition, Peter helps clients develop and implement affirmative action programs, provides advice and counsel to employers undergoing OFCCP and state and local compliance reviews, and represents employers before the OFCCP and state and local contracting agencies.
Clients also rely on Peter to develop and implement policies and procedures relating to human resources management and the protection of trade secrets, and to conduct management and employee training.
Prior to joining EBG, Peter served as in-house labor counsel to U.S. Industries, Inc., and as Associate General Counsel to Health Industries, Inc. He regularly lectures on a variety of human resources topics and is an adjunct faculty member of the Cornell University School of Labor and Industrial Relations, where he team-teaches a course entitled "The Law of EEO."
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Labor Law—Management (2020 to 2024); "Lawyer of the Year" (2021)
- BTI, Client Service All-Star (2020)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Connecticut—Labor & Employment (2010 to 2013, 2015 to 2023)
- Legal 500 United States, Workplace and Employment Counseling (2009, 2011, 2012, 2017 to 2021). The 2009 edition noted that “Stamford-based shareholder Peter Stein is described by clients as ‘a high level content expert.'”
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor: Employer (2006, 2009 to 2023)
- New England Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor: Employer (2006, 2009 to 2022)
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 1975)
- Bucknell University (B.A., 1972)
- District of Columbia
- New York
Professional & Community Involvement