Lee Calligaro’s practice focuses on health care, commercial, and antitrust litigation, as well as health care transactions and advisory work.
- Litigates health care issues, including decertification and delicensure, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes, and certificates of need
- Represents clients in a broad range of industries in antitrust matters, including serving as lead counsel in one of the first health care antitrust cases
- Litigates commercial disputes, including breach of contract, debtor-creditor issues, securities litigation and employment matters
- Advises clients on the structuring and formation of new business enterprises, debt and equity financing, establishing joint ventures, and the purchase and sale of business enterprises
- Represents both lenders and borrowers in loan structuring and documentation, and negotiations and work-outs
- Defends white-collar criminal matters and grand jury investigations
Lee co-founded one of the country’s first health law firms. He also established one of the first branches of a Western law firm in the former Soviet Union.
Immediately prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Lee served as a business executive and general counsel with two health care companies, United Psychiatric Group, Inc., and MHM Services, Inc.