Lauri Rasnick is an experienced litigator, investigator, and trusted advisor to businesses and their executives. When employers face difficult workforce challenges, they call Lauri Rasnick for a plan. With Lauri’s analysis and counsel, employers address how to comply with the ever-changing laws and requirements, provide medical leaves and accommodations, and interpret or update agreements, policies, and procedures. Her clients range from small start-ups to large global companies and include companies in a number of industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, health care and life sciences, government contracting, retail and manufacturing, and professional services.
Lauri is often called upon for her advice before issues evolve into litigation. Employers turn to Lauri for to navigate and strategize for critical issues involving allegations of harassment, discrimination or misconduct, the movement of employees between competitive businesses, and the retention or departures of high-level employees. If litigation is unavoidable, Lauri uncovers risks and pinpoints key focus areas to secure winning outcomes in court, mediations, and arbitrations, and before administrative agencies. Clients value her depth of experience successfully representing employers in federal and state trial courts; federal, state, and local administrative agencies; and FINRA, AAA, and JAMS arbitration proceedings.
On employment law issues, Lauri has represented clients in complex litigation involving, among other matters, employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; whistleblower claims; and non-competition agreement and trade secret issues. Clients also look to Lauri to represent them in wage and hour (FLSA) compliance, executive compensation, and other employment contract disputes.
For her client companies and their executives, Lauri:
- provides counsel on a broad range of employment law-related issues, including employee hiring, training, employment policies, wage and hour laws, restructurings and reduction-in-forces, dispute resolution policies and practices, bonus arrangements, and other matters;
- conducts training programs for clients on the full spectrum of employment issues;
- advises employers with respect to diversity and inclusion initiatives and issues, including Section 342 of Dodd-Frank;
- counsels clients on novel issues of employee relations, including drug testing and accommodation questions in the wake of recreational and medical marijuana (cannabis) laws recently passed in many states;
- regularly handles and/or guides employers through internal investigations of employee complaints and whistleblower claims; and
- frequently negotiates and prepares executive employment, separation, and related agreements.
As co-head of the firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) practice group, many international companies with offices in the United States trust her for compliance advice and counsel when developing their global DEI policies. Lauri is also a member of Epstein Becker Green’s Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee and the Executive Committee of the firm’s Women’s Initiative. She regularly speaks, writes about, and is quoted on employment trends and challenging issues.
Since 2012, Lauri has served as a member of the Advisory Board of GlamourGals Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit that inspires and organizes teen leaders to combat elder isolation by providing companionship and complimentary beauty makeovers to seniors.