Attorney Lauren Malanga Casey's experience includes representing employers in a variety of industries in federal and state court and before administrative agencies in proceedings involving discrimination, harassment, and other employment laws. Lauren also engages in the mediation and arbitration of employment claims, including claims for bonuses and other compensation.
In addition to her employment experience, Lauren has represented managed care organizations and litigated general commercial disputes. Lauren regularly avoids protracted litigation through successful motion practice and settlements. Alongside her litigation experience, Lauren counsels employers in a variety of employment-related issues, including discrimination/retaliation in the workplace, employee terminations, the drafting of employment and separation agreements, and general employment policies and procedures. She conducts internal investigations of employee-relations matters, as well as conducts training sessions for employees concerning harassment and EEO issues.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Fordham University (B.A., cum laude, 1995)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers' Association
- New York State Bar Association