When health care providers need advice on transactional, governance, regulatory, or compliance matters, they turn to attorney Kevin Hilvert. He regularly works with clients on structuring, developing, and negotiating a variety of health care transactions, including:
- health system mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, reorganizations and other sale transactions;
- equity joint ventures among hospitals, physicians, and post-acute care providers;
- physician practice acquisitions;
- service line co-management, quality performance and call coverage arrangements;
- physician compensation arrangements;
- physician employment and recruitment; and
- several other physician integration and alignment arrangements.
In connection with these transactions, Kevin routinely advises clients on matters pertaining to the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback and Civil Monetary Penalty Statutes, and tax-exemption rules. In addition, Kevin’s counsel on these transactions includes advice on and preparation of necessary regulatory filings, including Medicare change of ownership issues and Ohio Attorney General filing matters.