Attorney Julie Watson Lampley focuses on health care regulatory and compliance law, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracting (with an emphasis on health care entities), and antitrust law.
Julie represents pharmaceutical and medical device companies (including both publicly held and privately owned international pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device manufacturers), academic medical centers and other research organizations, hospital systems, physician practice acquisition and management companies, dialysis providers, and other institutional health care providers, offering creative and solution-driven counsel and advocacy.
Julie’s experience includes the following:
- Providing national representation of dialysis providers, hospital systems, physician practice acquisition and management companies, and ambulatory surgery centers in mergers and acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, de novo facility arrangements, and practice management arrangements
- Counseling health care providers on operations and regulatory matters, including the creation and negotiation of professional services, employment, and medical director agreements
- Counseling on the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute, antitrust issues, managed care contracting, physician recruitment and employment, hospital-based physician contracting, entity formation and operation, and issues relating to tax-exempt health care providers
- Representing pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the drafting and negotiation of clinical trial agreements and investigator-initiated study agreements for trials conducted in the United States and abroad, and interfacing with research organizations, government entities, clinical research organizations, and third-party suppliers on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a broad range of issues throughout the life cycle of clinical trials
- Advising pharmaceutical and medical device companies on the creation, review, and negotiation of a broad range of national and international commercial sourcing and procurement contracts, with an emphasis on health care regulatory and compliance issues
- Advising pharmaceutical and medical device companies on collaborative research projects, grants, sponsorships, publications, and marketing and promotional activities
- Counseling pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, and institutional health care providers on privacy and compliance policies and programs
Julie serves on the board of BioFlorida, a network that includes 6,200 establishments and research organizations in the biopharmaceuticals, medical technology, health, IT, and bioagriculture sectors. She was accepted to the Nashville Health Care Council Fellows Program in 2015 and served as a Board Member from 2015 to 2016.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Julie led the Healthcare Industry Team and was the Healthcare Regulatory and Transactions Practice Group Leader at an international law firm.
Julie has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©, in the field of Health Care Law (2013 to 2023). In 2012, she was named “Best of the Bar” by Nashville Business Journal.
- Academic and Clinical Research
- Corporate Compliance Program Development, Implementation, and Effectiveness
- Fraud and Abuse Compliance Counseling and Defense
- General Counsel Services
- Health Care
- Life Sciences
- Managed Care
- Privacy, Cybersecurity & Data Asset Management
- Product Marketing and Compliance
- Regulatory Strategy, Product Development, and Product Approvals
- Stark and Self-Referral Laws
- Tax and Tax-Exempt Counseling
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Health Care Law (2013-2024)
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., first in class, 1987)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Southern Mississippi (with honors, 1978)
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- BioFlorida, Board Member
- Leadership Healthcare
- Life Science Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association
- Nashville Health Care Council
- Board Member (2015-2016)
- Fellows Program (2015)
- Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section
- MAGI Clinical Research Conference WEST 2012: Managing Risk: Informed Consent, Subject Injury, Indemnification, and Insurance