Jennifer Barna’s practice focuses on civil litigation and corporate counseling in the areas of employment law and complex commercial matters. Jennifer represents businesses in a broad spectrum of industries, including commercial real estate, financial services, health care, and retail.
Jennifer’s experience includes:
- Representing employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals on a wide range of issues involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation, breach of employment contracts, wage and hour compliance, tort claims, and restrictive covenants
- Representing businesses in various sectors in diverse and complex commercial litigation matters
- Counseling employers on workplace and employment law issues, such as discipline and termination, workplace accommodations, FMLA and similar state law leave issues, wage and hour compliance, and internal investigations
- Representing retailers, hotels, and other hospitality-related businesses in public accommodation matters, including ADA accessibility and retaliation litigations
- Conducting internal investigations on behalf of management on such issues as discrimination and sexual harassment
- Conducting workplace training seminars for employers, including managers and non-supervisory personnel
- Drafting employment policies and procedures as well as employee handbooks and manuals
While at law school, Jennifer was an Associate Editor of the Dickinson Law Review.