Jennifer Horowitz’s practice includes litigation in state and federal courts and administrative agencies and before arbitration tribunals, involving a wide range of complex commercial disputes, employment-related matters, and representation of hospitals and managed care organizations. She has over 20 years of litigation experience and has handled bench and jury trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, and TRO and preliminary injunction hearings. She has successfully resolved many cases short of trial through summary judgment and negotiation of favorable settlements.
Jennifer’s experience includes:
- Defending employers in a wide-range of employment-related matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and whistleblower claims
- Representing clients in disputes regarding trade secret protection, unfair competition, and corporate raiding
- Handling complex commercial disputes, including breach of contract, partnership and shareholder relations, fiduciary duty, fraud, and tort claims
- Providing advice and counsel to health care clients, including hospitals and managed care organizations, on a variety of matters, including contracts with participating providers and institutions, provider terminations, scope of coverage disputes, provider malpractice and negligence, and ERISA preemption
- Representing clients in connection with audits by the New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General
Jennifer is a member of the firm’s Women’s Initiative and the Retail service team.