Attorney Janene Marasciullo has extensive first-chair experience litigating complex commercial, fraud, regulatory, and employment disputes, with an emphasis on disputes arising particularly within the financial industry.
In addition, she represents corporations and individuals during regulatory investigations and grand jury investigations, Janene has handled dozens of cases from inception through appeal.
Janene’s practice includes the following:
- Representing financial institutions, financial professionals, and directors and officers in a broad range of commercial and business disputes, including cases involving claims of securities fraud, common law fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive business practices, defamation, unfair trade practices, and breach of contract
- Representing clients during government investigations, including SEC and FINRA investigations, IRS controversies, and grand jury investigations
- Defending employers and businesses in whistleblower disputes and clients in qui tam litigation
- Providing representation to clients in restrictive covenant disputes and trade secret litigation
- Representing employers in a wide variety of discrimination and harassment disputes
Before entering private practice, Janene served as a trial attorney in the Civil Division and the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where she represented the United States in complex contract, customs, regulatory, civil fraud, and tax matters. While at the Department of Justice, Janene won multiple performance awards, including the Civil Division’s Special Commendation Award, for her work on one of the largest government contracts disputes ever litigated. In addition, she worked in the Enforcement Department and the Office of General Counsel at the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), the predecessor to FINRA, where she investigated violations of the federal securities laws and helped formulate NASD policies and practices. While at NASD, Janene won the President’s Award for her work on the Mutual Funds Breakpoints Task Force. Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Janene was a Partner and the Chair of the Securities Industry Litigation Group of an international law firm. She also served as Senior Corporate Counsel at a multinational conglomerate, where she managed the company’s litigation and compliance programs. Janene began her career as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. D. Brooks Smith while he was a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Janene draws on her extensive and varied experience to help her clients resolve their most sensitive problems. Although Janene has resolved many cases through pre-trial motions and negotiations, she is a seasoned trial attorney and has tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts, and at FINRA Dispute Resolution and the American Arbitration Association. On many occasions, Janene has been asked to step into cases shortly before trial, and has secured favorable results. She is thus comfortable in any forum and during all phases of litigation.