Hospitals, health care organizations, private equity funds, and others value the creative and practical tax advice of attorney James Yoon in their transactional matters.
In addition to advising on tax issues in domestic business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, James frequently provides advice to clients in international corporate transactions, including on due diligence, transaction structuring, post-acquisition integration, and cross-border tax issues.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, James was an international tax manager at a Big 4 accounting firm, where he advised multinational corporations and private equity funds on cross-border transactional tax matters. Earlier in his career, James served as a legal extern to the Honorable Tamara W. Ashford of the United States Tax Court.
- Georgetown University Law Center (L.L.M., with distinction, 2020)
- Master of Laws in Taxation
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- CALI “Excellence for the Future Award” in Corporate Taxation (2017)
- CALI “Excellence for the Future Award” in Income Taxation (2016)
- Baruch College (CUNY) (M.S., 2012)
- Yonsei University (B.E., 2009)
- District of Columbia
- New York