Attorney Jimmy Oh has seen and done it all (well, almost all), practicing in the employment law space for more than three decades. His experience over that time has included the following:
- Successfully trying a wage and hour collective and class action in Columbus, Ohio; an ADA and ADEA case in Atlanta, Georgia; an FLSA case in Anchorage, Alaska; and a pregnancy discrimination case in Chicago, Illinois
- Defending his victories in multiple Courts of Appeal
- Obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions in restrictive covenant and trade secret matters and defeated applications for the same
- Successfully suing state governments that certain state laws are preempted by ERISA
- Obtaining summary judgment in employment discrimination cases in multiple courts around the country
- Drafting affirmative action plans and defending companies during OFCCP audits
- Advising companies on the “future of work” amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Conducting internal investigations and training human resources personnel on conducting internal investigations
- Assisting in implementing reductions in force that resulted in no subsequent litigation filed against the client
- Advising companies on implementing arbitration programs enterprise-wide
- Successfully handling arbitrations
- Drafting and revising employment agreements, employee handbooks, and policy manuals
In short, Jimmy loves a challenge, whatever that challenge may be. He embraces each challenge with positive energy, a sense of urgency, and a collaborative spirit.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Jimmy was a shareholder at an international labor and employment firm, where he was on the Board of Directors. He has published numerous articles and presented on a variety of employment law topics.