Attorney Greg Krabacher is a trusted adviser and skilled litigator who partners with health care organizations and other clients in a variety of industries to find solutions for their intellectual property, information technology, and privacy and data protection matters. His diverse practice covers counseling, registration, compliance, transactions, and litigation.
Information Technology, Privacy, and Data Protection Matters
A certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US and CIPP/E), Greg guides clients through complex and ever-evolving privacy, cybersecurity, data protection, and other related laws and regulations.
Greg’s information technology, privacy, and data protection practice focuses on the following:
- Serving as lead counsel for a wide variety of information technology vendor services, data processing, data transfer, software licensing, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) agreements.
- Providing readiness assessments and compliance counseling on applicable federal, state, and foreign laws, including GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA, CPRA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, GLBA, and state data breach laws.
A registered patent attorney, Greg assists clients with:
- Trademark portfolio management, predominantly in the United States but also in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, the European Union, and China, including pre-filing clearance, filing strategy, prosecution, maintenance, and monitoring; Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy, and social media enforcement; co-existence agreements; infringement investigation and resolution; and advertising and sweepstakes review.
- Licensing, assignments, and corporate transaction due diligence involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, as well as service contracts primarily involving information technology.
- Copyright prosecution, fair use, and ownership rights counseling and policies; infringement counseling; dispute resolution; and online enforcement via Digital Millennium Copyright Act and social media platforms.
- Patent prosecution, analysis, and pre-filing counseling, including patentability, right to use, and non-infringement. and landscape analysis for software, IT, and mechanical devices.
Clients also rely on Greg to represent them in litigation matters, including:
- Disputes in state and federal courts, predominantly those that involve technology and computer software, infringement of trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, right of publicity, claims of unfair competition, or false advertising.
- Arbitrations and mediations, administrative hearings before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, and arbitrations before ICANN-approved internet domain name dispute resolution organizations.
- E-discovery, including the implementation of litigation plans for preserving, collecting, reviewing, and producing electronically stored information.