Attorney Denise Merna Dadika is an experienced litigator and trusted counselor who proactively partners with employers to address their workplace challenges. As Co-Chair of the firm's Health Employment and Labor (HEAL®) strategic industry group, Denise has her finger on the pulse of trending employment and labor issues confronting health care employers.
She is poised to solve problems in real time and to navigate compliance with rapidly changing laws and regulations. Clients rely on her as a sounding board who understands their unique needs, anticipates challenges, and imparts real-world advice to achieve business goals.
In her practice, Denise counsels employers in health care, retail, hospitality, and professional services industries on all aspects of the employment relationship, from hiring and promotion to discipline and termination, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, wage and hour compliance, employee complaints, and reductions in force. Denise also conducts internal investigations of alleged workplace misconduct, including allegations of harassment and retaliation, and provides training to boards, human resources personnel, managers, and employees on a myriad of workplace subjects.
When confronted with litigation, Denise draws on over 20 years of experience as a litigator and compliance advisor to guide clients in assessing risk and weighing the operational, financial, and reputational goals of the business to achieve positive outcomes.
Denise also acts as the Managing Member of the firm's Newark office and serves on Epstein Becker Green’s National Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee. In these roles, Denise views the employment landscape from the dual perspective of an employer and a lawyer.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Assisted a U.S. operator of optical practices with a phased reopening of its eye care centers during the COVID-19 pandemic based on the lifting of executive orders in the states and cities where the client’s eye care centers are located. To prepare for the reopening, Denise drafted and helped implement detailed health and safety procedures and communications for employees. She also provided advice on managing COVID-19-positive employee and patient cases, including implementing quarantine and testing protocols, preparing employee and patient communications, and complying with OSHA recording mandates.
- Assisted a major commercial real estate developer in providing a safe workplace for its employees. Denise provided, and continues to provide, advice to the client’s HR team on COVID-19 safety measures. She also drafted safety plans, benefits, time-off policies, and employee communications in compliance with the state and city mandates where the client operates.
- Provided advice and counsel to an operator of long-term care communities regarding managing employee refusals to work during the pandemic, COVID-19 testing protocols for employees, and the implementation of health care screenings, including the use of thermal scanners and the associated privacy concerns.
- Partnered with a pharmaceutical client to develop a strategy for transitioning the client’s North American headquarters to Massachusetts. Denise identified policies and agreements that had to be modified to comply with Massachusetts law; drafted retention, relocation, and separation agreements; and assessed and managed notice requirements for the potential mass layoff.
- Regularly advises boards of directors and senior management on creating a culture of respect, investigating claims of sexual harassment, and training managers and employees on preventing harassment in the workplace.
- The Legal 500 United States, Workplace and Employment Counseling (2019 to 2022). This award is conferred by The Legal 500. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- NJBIZ, Leader in the Law (2021). This award is conferred by NJBIZ. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Rising Stars, Employment Litigation: Defense and Employment & Labor (2006 to 2010, 2012, 2018, 2019). This award is conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New York Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1999)
- Managing Editor, Journal of Human Rights
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1995)
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association