Attorney Deanna Ballesteros litigates before courts and administrative agencies at the federal, state, and local levels on behalf of both private and public sector entities such as municipalities, county school boards and local governmental administrative entities. She also advises employers on day-to-day compliance with employment laws and best practices, with the goal of minimizing risk.
Deanna represents clients in a wide range of private sector industries, including marine terminals, telecommunications providers, oil refineries, oil and gas producers, retail food distributors, national grocers, restaurants, hotels, electronics manufacturers, cultural educational organizations, advertising agencies, television networks, financial institutions, steel distributors, hospitals, health insurers, medical corporations, franchisers, diagnostic testing providers, insurance and benefits brokers, academic institutions, real estate trusts, staffing agencies, waste and recycling companies, and import/exporters.
Deanna has served as second chair in jury trials and as first and second chair in bench trials. Also an experienced appellate advocate, her reported decisions include:
- United Steel, Paper & Forestry, Rubber, Mfg., Energy, Allied Indus. & Service Workers Intern. Union, AFL-CIO, CLC et al. v. Shell Oil Co. et al., 602 F.3d 1087 (9th Cir. 2010)
- United Steel, Paper & Forestry, Rubber Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial & Service Workers International Union, AFL-CIO, et al. v. Shell Oil Company, et al., 549 F.3d 1204 (9th Cir. 2008)
- U.S. v. Wealth & Tax Advisory Services, Inc., 526 F.3d 528 (9th Cir. 2008)
- County of San Bernardino v. City of San Bernardino, 15 Cal. 4th 909 (1997)
- City of San Jose v. State of California, 45 Cal. App. 4th 1802 (1996)
- Castaic Lake Water Agency v. City of Santa Clarita, 41 Cal. App. 4th 1257 (1995)