Attorney Colin McCulloch’s experience includes the following:
- Advising clients on a variety of matters related to federal and state antitrust issues
- Providing corporate and regulatory advice to hospital systems on structuring traditional and non-traditional affiliation arrangements, including not-for-profit “conversions” and physician collaborations
- Advising clients on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues
- Advising for-profit and not-for-profit health care clients, including hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, physician groups, and other provider organizations and businesses, on transactions and regulatory matters, such as licensing laws, HIPAA privacy requirements, and state and federal administrative matters
- Counseling for-profit and not-for-profit businesses on mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Drafting and negotiating managed care agreements, physician employment agreements, licensing agreements, and management services agreements
Prior to law school, Colin worked in health care finance as both a health care consultant (including as a Manager in the National Strategy practice of a major U.S. audit, tax, and advisory firm) and as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at a variety of for-profit and nonprofit hospitals. His advisory experiences have included physician acquisitions, corporate mergers, reimbursement matters, debt offerings, strategic planning, and corporate compliance. As a CFO, Colin was responsible for the overall financial management of the organization and for implementing corporate compliance policies; preparing for and defending against payor claims audits; issuing new debt; and acquiring physician practices.
Colin is a licensed (but inactive) certified public accountant in the State of Georgia.