Chelsea Hadaway is an attorney experienced in helping employers resolve complex disputes, implement best practices, and minimize risk.
Chelsea offers guidance on workplace issues and represents employers in a broad range of employment litigation matters, including single-plaintiff cases alleging discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, and harassment claims. She also has experience representing employers in wage and hour class, collective, and representative actions arising under California law, including under the California Labor Code and the Private Attorneys General Act, and federal law, including the Fair Labor Standards Act. In addition, Chelsea assists in collective bargaining agreement negotiations. She also conducts investigations of an internal employee complaints of discrimination, harassment, or other inappropriate behavior to understand the concerns raised and recommend any necessary corrective action.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Chelsea was an attorney at an international labor and employment law firm. Previously, she worked in-house at an acute care hospital in Los Angeles, where her responsibilities included advising on employment matters, assisting in wage and hour class actions, drafting policies, reviewing agreements, and implementing compliance with new state and federal laws.
During law school in Washington, DC, Chelsea assisted with the notice and comment process for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act regulations and participated in the school’s Health Insurance Counseling Project.
- Won a summary adjudication motion disposing of all but one minor claim.
- Advised on remediation of wage and hour practices following initiation of class action.
- Won an appeal at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit on the scope and res judicata effect of a prior class action settlement.
- Defended a high-profile technology client against a representative action (PAGA) lawsuit.
- Won a motion to compel arbitration after extensive evidentiary hearings in federal court.
- The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” in Litigation – Labor and Employment (2024).
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Student advisor, Health Insurance Counseling Project
- University of South Carolina (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California