Employers rely on attorney Chad Smith’s innovative ideas, strategies, and solutions to help them avoid disputes or resolve them with the most favorable outcomes possible.
Chad represents employers across multiple industries in labor and employment disputes, including non-compete and trade secret, discrimination, and retaliation matters in federal and state trial and appellate courts throughout the country. He has also defended against both putative and actual class actions against hospitals, banks, and tech companies.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Chad served as a litigator in a national law firm focused on complex commercial litigation. Previously, he worked at an Ohio law firm, where he litigated a wide variety of matters, including labor and employment disputes.
- Advised employers facing multi-jurisdictional compliance issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Helped a large software company avoid class certification in a gender discrimination action.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- CALI Award for Excellence: Corporate Governance
- CALI Award for Excellence: Business Bankruptcy
- The Ohio State University (B.A., Economics, 2013)
- West Virginia
Professional & Community Involvement
- Susan G. Komen Leadership Council