Audrey Davis focuses her practice on health care compliance; telehealth and telemedicine; privacy, cybersecurity, and data asset management; and government investigations and litigation.
- Advises clients on compliance with state and federal laws affecting the provision of telehealth and telemedicine services, including issues related to scope of practice, licensure, online prescribing, reimbursement, and coverage
- Counsels clients on compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules and other relevant privacy laws, rules, and regulations regarding protected health information
- Assists clients with legal issues related to big data analytics and digital health strategies
- Drafts privacy and security policies, data licensing agreements, and business associate agreements on behalf of HIPAA covered entities and business associates
- Establishes compliant contracting strategies
- Guides clients through the legal and ethical issues related to artificial intelligence in health care and how to navigate associated risks
- Defends health care and life sciences companies in litigation as well as in connection with federal and state government investigations, False Claims Act qui tam actions, and internal investigations related to health care fraud
Audrey is a contributing author of Epstein Becker Green’s Telemental Health Laws app, a comprehensive survey of state telehealth laws, regulations, and policies for mental and behavioral health practitioners and stakeholders across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. She is also a contributor to the firm’s Health Law Advisor Blog.
Audrey received her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Temple University, Beasley School of Law, where she served as a Staff Editor of the Temple Law Review and on the executive board of the school’s Health Law Society. During law school, she also interned with the Departmental Appeals Board of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, where she researched new tobacco regulations, drafted opinions and petitions relating to Medicare claims, and reported to the Deputy Director.
A South Carolina native, Audrey graduated cum laude from Furman University. She previously worked as an Admissions Coordinator at a skilled nursing facility, dealing directly with insurance companies, discharging hospitals, and patient representatives.