As the Director of Attorney Recruitment and Professional Development, Amy Simmons is responsible for overseeing all aspects of summer associate/law school, lateral associate, and lateral partner recruiting. Amy also directs and is involved in all of the firm’s diversity, equity, and inclusion and professional development initiatives. In this capacity, Amy manages the firm’s associate shadowing, mentoring, internal training, and pro bono programs, as well as the attorney evaluation process and annual diversity reception.
Her other responsibilities include:
- Conducting annual business development meetings with all associates and non-equity partners, resulting in over 200 meetings each year;
- Working with the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer to plan the annual partner meeting and the biennial associate summit;
- Staffing the firm’s Diversity and Professional Development Committee, a board-level committee;
- Collaborating with the firm’s practice steering committees to create and implement recruitment and development strategies; and
- Assisting with the attorney billing rate, compensation, and bonus processes.
Amy has more than 20 years of history and career experience with Epstein Becker Green. Prior to focusing her career solely on attorney recruiting and professional development, she served seven years as a marketing manager for the Health Care & Life Sciences practice.