Alkida Kacani concentrates her practice on employment and commercial litigation.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, constructive discharge, and wage and hour litigation, concerning state and federal employment statutes
- Counsels clients on implementing employment practices and procedures, such as employee handbooks and stand-alone policies; the accommodation of employee disabilities; hiring, disciplinary, and termination decisions; medical leaves of absence; and overtime, minimum wage, and classification issues
- Litigates trade secret, non-compete, non-solicitation, raiding, and other restrictive covenant matters in various industries
- Assists government agencies in the investigation and prosecution of trade secret theft matters
- Represents businesses in various sectors in diverse and complex commercial litigation matters
Alkida was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©: “Ones to Watch” (2021) in the field of Commercial Litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Alkida served as a law clerk to the Honorable Francine A. Schott of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Part, Essex Vicinage.