With a client-centered approach, attorney Alex Adkins helps employers design the solutions they need to address the countless legal issues they face in the modern workplace.
Alex navigates businesses and other employers through complex local, state, and federal employment laws, formulating policies and procedures that comply with applicable laws and best practices. She also focuses on employment litigation involving trade secrets, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour issues.
During law school, Alex served as a legal intern for the General Counsel in the White House’s Office of Science and Technology Policy; as a legal intern for the General Counsel of the District of Columbia State Athletic Association; as the Janet D. Steiger Fellow at the Nevada Attorney General’s Office, Bureau of Consumer Protection; and as a Student Attorney in American University’s Civil Advocacy Clinic, which serves underprivileged clients in civil matters in the courts and administrative agencies of the District of Columbia.
Before law school, Alex worked as a District Representative and Internship Coordinator for a California State Senator. In that role, she recruited, hired, trained, and managed nearly 600 interns.
- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2022)
- Senior Note and Comment Editor, American University International Law Review
- Labor and Employment Law Society
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Honor Society
- American University Kogod School of Business (M.B.A., 2022)
- San Diego State University (B.A., cum laude, 2016)
- New York
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
- American Sign Language