Alan Kleiman practices in the real estate and secured lending fields. He has broad experience in sophisticated real estate matters, including air rights transfers, condominium conversion of retail and manufacturing sites, conservation-related developments, office and retail leasing, and representation of high net worth individuals in residential purchases and sales.
He has also worked in the restructuring and workout fields with both company and individual debts, in construction loan matters as well as short-term and permanent financing arrangements involving distressed properties and restructuring of leases.
Alan’s experience includes the following:
- Representing developers and investors in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties
- Representing landlords and tenants in leasing of office, retail and industrial properties
- Counseling international clients on investment in the U.S.
- Handling international real estate and finance transactions outside of the U.S.
Alan has represented borrowers and foreign and domestic institutional lenders in secured lending transactions, including the following:
- Commercial real estate mortgage loans and leasehold financing
- Asset-based secured loans to multinational corporations involving foreign collateral
- Various credit facilities secured by trademarks and patents, accounts receivable, art, hedge funds, and offshore interests
- Local counsel representation of foreign and domestic companies and lenders involving credit and securities matters