Attorney Adam Tomiak focuses on providing employers and human resource departments with practical and effective solutions to their personnel issues. He regularly advises on all stages of the employment relationship, from pre-employment considerations and hiring to terminations and post-employment restrictions.
Clients also turn to Adam for assistance with drafting employment policies and agreements, employee handbooks, and other employment-related documents. When an employer has policies and procedures already in place, Adam conducts an audit to ensure that they comply with relevant federal, state, and local law and best practices.
An experienced trainer, Adam develops and conducts workplace training seminars for employees, managers, and human resources personnel. He also investigates allegations of employee misconduct and grievances.
For nearly a decade, Adam served as employment counsel for the Americas at a global financial services institution. In that role, he gained hands-on experience negotiating and drafting employment agreements and policies, investigating employee misconduct, and conducting trainings. Before his in-house experience, Adam was a labor and employment attorney at Epstein Becker Green, counseling clients on employee relations and personnel issues and representing clients in employment litigation.
- Cornell University Law School (J.D., 2006)
- New York University, Stern School of Business (B.S., magna cum laude, 2003)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- 6th Annual Restaurant Legal Summit: Top 10 Tips for Addressing Social and Political Issues in the WorkplaceOctober 26, 2022
- May 12, 2022