Telehealth Flexibility: Key Regulatory Changes Impacting Providers During and Beyond the Coronavirus PandemicDiagnosing Health Care Podcast - Episode 1 July 9, 2020
This Diagnosing Health Care episode focuses on the growing opportunity for providers to integrate telehealth into their practice through a compliant and forward-thinking approach. The episode is hosted by Megan Robertson and features Amy Lerman and Kevin Ryan, all attorneys with Epstein Becker Green.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll hear:
- “Telehealth has proven, very quickly, in the current environment, to be a way that patients can stay safe, health care providers can stay safe." – Amy Lerman, Member of the Firm
- "Many clients are looking to expand beyond their existing state of operation, or operate in multiple states, and you need to have the appropriate corporate structure in place." – Kevin Ryan, Member of the Firm
- "There has been this kind of excited surge to jump into offering telehealth. And there's also a sense of apprehension. I think a compliance program is as important as ever." – Megan Robertson, Associate
Recent research clearly shows the surge in patient demand and provider implementation of telehealth. Epstein Becker Green’s Telemental Health Laws app is an excellent resource for providers. The following surveys were also referenced in this episode:
- “U.S. Healthcare Needs and Attitudes in the Age of COVID-19,” a COVID-19 Market Pulse published by Sage Growth/Blackbook Research.
- “Americans’ Perceptions of Telehealth in the Era of COVID-19,” a Sykes Survey Report.
- “US Doctors Turn to Telehealth As Covid-19 Limits In-Person Care,” a Bain & Company Snap Chart by Joshua Weisbrod, Michael Brookshire, and Erin Ney, MD.
The Diagnosing Health Care podcast examines the business opportunities and solutions that exist despite the high-stakes legal, policy, and regulatory issues that the health care industry faces.
Spread the Word
Would your colleagues, professional network, or friends benefit from Diagnosing Health Care? Please share the edition each week on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter, and your connections can subscribe for email notifications.
Trouble listening to this podcast? Please contact Kelli Sakalousky at [email protected] and mention whether you were at home or working within a corporate network. We'd also love to hear your suggestions for future episode topics.