Greg Keating Featured in Podcast on the Current State of Whistleblower Regs and LawThe FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report June 7, 2021
Gregory (Greg) Keating, Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the firm’s Boston office, was the featured guest on The FCPA Compliance and Ethics Report to discuss the current state of whistleblower regulations and litigation, including case law and recent SEC awards, including:
- Why was the whistleblower provision of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 so controversial?
- What are you counseling clients on regarding whistleblower claims under the Biden Administration?
- In addition to the AMLA of 2020, what other regulatory changes have you seen from the federal government regarding whistleblowers?
- Are there any court cases involving whistleblowers that have gotten your attention in 2021?
- 2002 was the Year of the Whistleblower with Sherron Watkins of Enron, Cynthia Cooper of WorldCom and Collen Rowley of the FBI. Could 2021 be in the running for such a designation?
- Why is listening to those employees who raise their hands and speak up so critical?
- Why is a proactive approach to whistleblowers so critical?