Benefits Litigation Update – Fall 2015November 5, 2015
A Publication from Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee
Epstein Becker Green and The ERISA Industry Committee (“ERIC”) are pleased to release the current issue of the Benefits Litigation Update (“Update”). The Update is a publication which provides three primary components:
- Featured Articles addressing trends or topics currently being discussed in the benefits community which (i) explain why the topic is important, (ii) explain the impact of the topic on the reader, and (iii) propose some action that should be considered in response;
- Summaries of Pending Litigation involving important benefits topics; and
- Select Case Summaries involving noteworthy decisions in benefits litigation.
ERIC will hold a conference call discussing cases addressed in this issue on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm EST.
ERIC members and trial members can register for the call by clicking here. If you are a prospective member and would like to participate in the call, please contact ERIC at 202/789-1400 or by email at [email protected]
- FEATURED ARTICLES -
Will A Third Wave of Suits Over The Contraceptive Mandate Bring The Culture Wars to Corporate Employee Benefits?
Okun v. Montefiore: Are Your Severance Policies Subject to ERISA?
- NOTEWORTHY PENDING CASES -
The House of Representatives Challenges the ACA in Court
Increased Litigation Risks for Fraudulent Concealment Fiduciary Breach Claims
Coming Attractions: Data Breach Litigation Targeting Employers
- NOTEWORTHY RECENT DECISIONS -LeBlanc v. SunTrust Bank: Beware the Payroll
Practices Exemption under ERISA
Read the full Update here.