MICHELLE G. MARKS is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents clients in complex labor and employment litigation matters, including employment discrimination, wage and hour, and restrictive covenant disputes
- Counsels employers on compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws and litigation avoidance
- Advises employers on hiring, performance management, work accommodations, leaves of absence, disciplinary actions, terminations, and wage and hour practices
- Drafts employment policies and procedures as well as employee handbooks and manuals
- Drafts and assists in negotiating employment agreements, severance agreements, settlement agreements, confidentiality agreements, and restrictive covenants
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Marks served as the Employment Practices and Health Services Director of a manufacturer of equipment and services for electric power systems. In this dual role, she managed employment litigation, provided counseling on employment practices, and provided oversight of an on-site health clinic. Previously, Ms. Marks was an associate in the Labor & Employment practice of a global law firm.
During law school, Ms. Marks was an Articles and Notes Editor of the Texas International Law Journal.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2006)
- Articles and Notes Editor, Texas International Law Journal
- Northwestern University (B.A., 2003)