MICHAEL S. HOLLANDER is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Counsels clients on federal health privacy laws, including HIPAA/HITECH, and state laws governing the confidentiality of health information, medical records, mental health records, and records containing other sensitive protected health information
- Drafts policies and procedures for compliance with HIPAA's privacy, security, and breach notification requirements
- Assists with data breach investigations, reporting, and litigation
- Negotiates contracts to manage data breach risks
Mr. Hollander is a Certified CSF Practitioner, a designation given by the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), an organization that provides training to develop and maintain effective security programs for health care and life sciences companies that comply with security laws, regulations, and standards, including HITECH, HIPAA, PCI, JCAHO, CMS, ISO, NIST, and various other federal, state, and business requirements. In addition, Mr. Hollander is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). He was awarded this information technology security audit certification by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (see www.isc2.org).
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Hollander was a partner at a health policy firm focused on health reform and its impact on private and public health insurance markets.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Hollander interned with the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Law and National Security. While in law school, he served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Gary L. Crawford (now retired) of the District Court of Maryland, District 6, in Montgomery County.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2009)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland