LEE CALLIGARO is Of Counsel in the Health Care and Life Sciences and Litigation practices, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green. Mr. Calligaro's practice focuses on health care, commercial, and antitrust litigation, as well as health care transactions and advisory work.
- Litigates health care issues, including decertification and delicensure, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes, and certificates of need
- Represents clients in a broad range of industries in antitrust matters, including serving as lead counsel in one of the first health care antitrust cases
- Litigates commercial disputes, including breach of contract, debtor-creditor issues, securities litigation and employment matters
- Advises clients on the structuring and formation of new business enterprises, debt and equity financing, establishing joint ventures, and the purchase and sale of business enterprises
- Represents both lenders and borrowers in loan structuring and documentation, and negotiations and work-outs
- Defends white-collar criminal matters and grand jury investigations
Mr. Calligaro co-founded one of the country's first health law firms. He also established one of the first branches of a Western law firm in the former Soviet Union.
Immediately prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Calligaro served as a business executive and general counsel with two health care companies, United Psychiatric Group, Inc., and MHM Services, Inc.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark (J.D., 1967)
- Middlebury College (B.A., 1964)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar Association