LAUREN FARRUGGIA is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists health care providers and health care-related companies in connection with government inquiries, audits, and investigations
- Advises clients on federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws, including the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Assists with all aspects of transactional regulatory health care due diligence
- Advises on various aspects of the cannabis industry
- Counsels clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs
- Assists in the representation of clients in matters associated with FDA drug and medical device approval, marketing, and clearance
Ms. Farruggia received her J.D., with honors, from The George Washington University Law School. While attending law school, she worked as a Law Clerk for a boutique FDA law firm. Later, she served as a Law Clerk for an employment litigation firm, where she assisted relators in preparing qui tam complaints under the False Claims Act. She also served as a Legal Intern for the Office of Professional Responsibility of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Prior to law school, Ms. Farruggia was an Undergraduate Intern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge Susan K. Gauvey of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. She also worked as a Paralegal for an FDA law firm.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 2018)
- Senior Member, Federal Circuit Bar Journal
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Allegheny College (B.A., 2012)
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Food and Drug Law Institute