KELLIE Y. CHEN is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Chicago office of Epstein Becker Green. She focuses on litigation matters, primarily assisting employers with disputes involving employment law and counseling them on related compliance issues.
Ms. Chen’s experience includes:
- Defending employers in complex labor and employment litigation matters involving single-employee discrimination claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), the Illinois Human Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Assisting with wage and hour collective and class actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act, and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law
- Responding to charges filed against clients by the Illinois Human Rights Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Counseling clients on compliance with regulatory trends and employment laws, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, Illinois leave laws, Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, and the FLSA, among others
- Advising on issues relating to internal investigations into allegations of wrongdoing
- Drafting employment policies and procedures, employee handbooks and manuals, and employment and separation agreements
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Chen was an attorney in the Labor & Employment Law Practice Group of a national law firm and served on that firm’s Technology Committee.
During law school, Ms. Chen was an Executive Production Editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Executive Production Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights
- University of Michigan (B.A., high honors, 2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Asian American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association