JULIE SAKER SCHLEGEL is an Associate in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green.
Ms. Schlegel's experience includes the following:
- Defending employers in state and federal actions, including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, and other employment-related litigation
- Assisting employers in drafting, implementing, and administering employment handbooks, policies, and procedures
- Counseling clients regarding employment matters, including ADA and other equal employment issues, hiring and termination decisions, employee discipline, and the implementation of personnel policies
Ms. Schlegel also contributes to the firm's Retail Labor and Employment Law blog.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Schlegel worked as a labor and employment associate at a firm in Washington, D.C., and also served as a Senate Assistant Counsel for Employment at the Office of Senate Chief Counsel for Employment, in the U.S. Senate.
While attending law school, Ms. Schlegel was a note editor of the Duke Law Journal and a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- magna cum laude
- Harvard University (A.B., 1994)
- cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey