JONATHAN K. HOERNER is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Defends health care and life sciences companies in litigation as well as in connection with federal and state government investigations, qui tam actions, and internal investigations related to health care fraud
- Advises clients regarding fraud and abuse issues arising under anti-kickback laws, the Stark Law, and the False Claims Act
- Assists clients in evaluating, developing, and implementing health care corporate compliance programs and compliance training programs
- Advises a variety of health care providers—including hospitals, physician groups, nursing homes, ambulance providers, and various other health care facilities and businesses—in transactional and regulatory compliance matters arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs
- Advises Medicare Part C and Exchange plans on matters concerning risk adjustment payment including retraction and self-disclosures to CMS, enforcement counseling, and defense
At Saint Louis University School of Law, Mr. Hoerner completed concentrations in Health Law and Civil Litigation and achieved Academic Excellence Awards in Healthcare Fraud and Abuse, Healthcare Finance and Business Planning, Electronic Discovery, Legal Profession/Ethics, and Civil Litigation Practice. He also served as the Lead Editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal.
Mr. Hoerner served as a Legal Extern at one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health care systems and as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable David D. Noce of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Hoerner worked in emergency medical services for more than 10 years as a paramedic, manager, and clinical educator. He continues to maintain an active paramedic license and volunteers his time as a paramedic and firefighter with the Prince George’s County (Maryland) Fire Department.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Magna cum laude
- Order of the Woolsack
- Concentrations in Health Law and Civil Litigation
- Lead Editor, Saint Louis University Law Journal
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S., 2004)
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey