JOHN D. HAMILL is an Associate in the Immigration Law Group of the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. He focuses on assisting corporate clients with a range of immigration-specific issues and challenges.
Mr. Hamill’s experience includes the following:
- Securing employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas for employers of large multinational corporations
- Assisting with the labor certification process for clients in the health care and technology industries, and providing advice to clients undergoing PERM labor certification audits
- Providing guidance and counseling to clients with regard to all aspects of the permanent residency process
- Advising companies on Form I-9 compliance
Mr. Hamill also successfully petitioned for nonimmigrant and immigrant status for multiple outstanding professors and researchers at a top-ranked university.
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Hamill was an attorney at the world’s largest corporate immigration law firm. Prior to that position, Mr. Hamill served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary Catherine Cuff, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court, Appellate Division, where he researched and drafted memoranda concerning complex legal issues presented in appeals.
While attending law school, Mr. Hamill served as a Legal Intern at the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office. He has volunteered for several years as a court-appointed special advocate with the Hudson County Court-Appointed Special Advocates.
In 2017, Mr. Hamill was named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list, in the area of Immigration: Business.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Executive Notes & Articles Editor, Journal of Corporate & Financial Law
- Fordham University Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award
- Columbia University (B.A., 2008)
- cum laude
- Senior Editor, Journal of Politics & Society
- New York
- New Jersey
American Immigration Lawyers Association