Joe Tucci* assists health care and other clients with the tax aspects of their business transactions. A trusted tax advisor and problem solver, clients view Joe as the go-to for their most challenging tax problems.
In domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, Joe represents both buyers and sellers, including private equity funds, public companies, and privately held companies. In addition to counseling on mergers and acquisitions, Joe has extensive experience with transaction structuring, financial transactions, and representation and warranty insurance underwriting. He also represents clients in foreign and domestic capital markets transactions, private letter ruling requests, and general corporate tax planning matters. He is skilled at negotiating and drafting transactional documentation and agreements as well as preparing and issuing tax opinions.
Joe’s tax background began in the Mergers & Acquisitions / Transaction Advisory Services group of one of the Big 4 accounting firms. He later joined the Federal Tax Practice Group of an international law firm.
In his spare time, Joe enjoys motorcycle riding, mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and sailing.
*Admitted in California and Colorado; not admitted in New Jersey.
- Cornell University Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Business Law and Regulation Concentration
- Associate Editor, Legal Information Institute
- Recipient, Cali Awards for Excellence, in Real Estate Transactions and Deal Structuring, and Products Liability
- Washington State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Honorable Barbara J. Madsen, Supreme Court of Washington, Summer 2008
- Honorable Paul B. Snyder, U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Western District of Washington, Summer 2008