JENNIFER GEFSKY is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. Her practice covers labor and employment matters in a practical manner tailored to each client according to its unique business, culture, and circumstances.
Ms. Gefsky’s experience includes:
- Advising clients on employment-related issues, including employment best practices; claims of discrimination based on race, sex, age, disability, and national origin; hiring and firing; compensation and benefits; and other terms and conditions of employment
- Representing clients in collective bargaining agreements and labor disputes
- Drafting employment/independent contractor agreements, employee handbooks, and separation agreements
- Providing representation to clients in employment-related litigation before state and federal courts, arbitration panels, and administrative agencies
In 2019, Ms. Gefsky was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Workplace and Employment Counseling. At the age of 30, Ms. Gefsky was chosen by Crain’s New York as one of the “40 Under 40 Rising Stars.”
Before joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Gefsky was Vice President and Deputy General Counsel of Major League Baseball (MLB), where, among other things, she advised MLB’s commissioner on all matters relating to players and umpires and participated in collective bargaining agreement negotiations. She was also Co-Founder, CEO, and General Counsel of a digital recruiting and marketing platform that connects high-caliber women who have taken career breaks with companies that are seeking talent and diversity. Her experiences are captured in a forthcoming HarperBusiness book she co-authored, Your Turn: Careers, Kids, and Comebacks - A Working Mother's Guide. Ms. Gefsky began her career as an attorney at an international law firm, where she practiced labor and employment law and worked in the firm’s sports practice.
While attending law school, Ms. Gefsky was the Head Note Editor of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- Head Note Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- Florida Atlantic University (B.A., 1992)
- New York
- Northern Westchester Hospital, Foundation Board Member