JAMES J. SAWCZYN is an Associate in the Employment, Labor, and Workforce Management practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Assists with the defense of employers in state and federal courts in single-plaintiff and class action disputes involving claims of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, and other employment-related issues
- Counsels employers on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) wage and hour laws and the classification of workers
- Assists in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
Mr. Sawczyn previously served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Paul J. Vichness of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Part, Essex Vicinage, and then as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Alexander P. Waugh, Jr., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
While at law school, Mr. Sawczyn was an Articles Editor of the Rutgers Law Review.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark (J.D., 2013)
- Articles Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- The College of New Jersey (B.A., cum laude, 2003)
- New Jersey
- New York