Frank C. Morris, Jr., Member of the Firm, presents “Wellness Programs and the Law: Your HIPAA / ACA / ADA / EEOC Compliance Checkup,” a C4CM webinar.
Wellness plans offer obvious benefits to the employee—better health—and benefits to the employer—lower costs and reduced absenteeism and help in avoiding future Cadillac tax liability. It seems like a win-win for everyone. But there are a host of legal issues to be aware of:
- Federal regulatory interplay; ADA, ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, GINA, NLRA and FLSA
- Discrimination liability
- Privacy rights
- Tax surprises
In fact, all eyes are on wellness with the EEOC filing suit against multiple employers over their wellness programs, a new EEOC proposed rule on how the ADA applies to wellness plans, and critical compliance issues surrounding the ACA and the rules for wellness.
All this regulatory attention makes it more crucial than ever that you check every aspect of your company’s wellness plan to assure that it’s on the right side of the law.
This information-packed webinar uncovers the latest compliance challenges that wellness programs face, and explores how you can structure your plan to be compliant with EEOC concerns under the ADA, GINA and Title VII and the border between voluntary and compulsory participation.
In just 75 minutes, you will learn:
- Why use Wellness Programs?
- Improved Employee Health and Productivity
- Can Wellness Programs help avoid the Cadillac Tax?
- Wellness Programs and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Wellness Programs and the ACA Regulatory Framework from HHS, IRS and Labor
- Structuring Wellness Programs for effectiveness and to maintain “voluntary” participation
- EEOC Litigations Challenging Wellness Programs
- What you need to know about the EEOC’s proposed wellness rule
- How EEOC’s proposed wellness rule differs from the ACA wellness rule
- Would EEOC challenge wellness programs using “wearable” devices under ADA?
- Does a penalty make a wellness program non voluntary?
- What you need to know about GINA and wellness programs
- Recent Congressional Wellness Program Hearings and proposed legislation
- Other state and federal laws that may have an impact, such as HIPAA, FLSA and state wage hour laws
For more information, please contact Mr. Morris or visit C4CM.com.