George B. Breen, Member of the Firm, will join a live webcast discussion titled “Understanding the New System: Final Rule on Fraud Prevention in Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP.”
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule effective March 25, 2011, which enacts a number of program integrity provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). These provisions aim to reduce fraud, waste and abuse in Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
The guidance focuses primarily on the new & technically complicated enrollment processes for Healthcare providers and suppliers and CMS’s expanded authority to impose payment suspensions.
Healthcare providers and suppliers will need to work closely with their compliance and corporate counsel/officers to ensure that an effective process is in place.
This two-hour webcast will discuss the following key provisions:
– New Medicare provider and supplier screening procedures
– Screening methods performed under the Medicare program
– Who are affected?
– Application fees on Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP
– CMS amendment to 42 C.F.R. §§ 405.370 through 405.372
– Withholding payments
– Future of payment suspensions and compliance plans
– Other Provisions
For more information and to register, click here.