President Obama’s administration promises to bring dramatic changes in federal labor and employment laws. The choice of Californian, Hilda Solis, as the Secretary of Labor means that the California legislature is likely to follow federal changes and may even take the lead on many issues regarding workplace regulation.
For the first time in many years we face the possibility of an overhaul of traditional labor and employment law initiatives. Such a dramatic shift in employer obligations could not come at a more difficult time for businesses. Companies in every industry and region in the country are struggling to meet the unprecedented challenges emerging from the current economic crisis.
This briefing will explain what we can expect and how we can proactively adjust in this unique environment.
The seminar, presented by Steven Blackburn, Joseph Miller, Matthew Goodin and Jang Im, will cover:
· Update on the Employee Free Choice Act
· Impact of the new FMLA and ADA amendments
· Proposed changes to wage and hour laws
· Future of the US Supreme Court
· Proactive adjustments to policies and employment practices to ease the impact of the anticipated changes
· Immigration update